Circle Ten Council News
- Category: Circle Ten Council News
- Hits: 166
Circle Ten Xperience is Back!
What: Circle Ten Xperience is camping with more FUN than ever at the Texas Motor Speedway!
When: November 9 to 11
Where: Texas Motor Speedway, 3545 Lone Star Circle, Fort Worth, TX 76177 (go west on TX 114)
How: Registration is now open on Circle Ten Camp-Master
Details: See the CTX link at circleten.org/CTX2
CTX Flier: The CTX flier is HERE.
Lottery Prizes Flier: There will be a lottery on August 1 for PRIZES at CTX! To see the lottery flier, click HERE.
What is CTX2? It's the Circle Ten Xperience 2, a fun filled weekend (November 9 - 11, 2018) where the entire Circle Ten Council Scouting family comes together at Texas Motor Speedway. Every unit and their families are invited to enjoy the Xperience. Camping is encouraged, but pre-registered Day Visitors are also welcome.
There will be over 100 different activities, demonstrations and exhibitors, along with live entertainment for Scouts of all ages and program levels. There will be so much to do, no one will be able to do it all! After a day of non-stop activity, all participants are invited to the ARENA SHOW in the main race track which will start with a demonstration race of LEGENDS CARS, followed by live music, and ending with a BANG of spectacular fireworks!
How can your unit register? Just go to Camp-Master, and enter 2018 CTX into the search box. Select the 2018 Circle Ten Xperience and follow the steps to register. You'll be asked to provide an estimated head-count for our planning purposes, but you only have to pay a $50 deposit at the time of registration.
Campsites are being assigned in proximity to the Program Area based on the date/time of unit registration, so the EARLY BIRD GETS THE SHORTEST WALK!
REGISTER NOW for CTX2. You don't want to miss it!
- Category: Circle Ten Council News
- Hits: 81
Over 300 units have already added CTX2 to their calendars! Online registration for CTX2 is now closed, but units, as well as individual families, may still register at the $25 price at either the Bobby Lyle Scouting Center or Murchison Scouting Center location beginning October 22 through close of business on November 5th. Included in your $25 cost is your admittance, all activities, and a patch. Children 4 and under are free! Most importantly, your fee will grant you a fun filled weekend of Scouting fellowship and activities with your units and families. Need more information? We’ve got you covered! First, join the Circle Ten Council Hub.
For experienced Scout leaders, this is the information traditionally contained in your Leader's Guide.
Participants will also find helpful information to prepare for your November adventure.
Check out the updated Plan Your Visit!
Be sure to "Join" the channel so you see updates as more details are added. (more information on joining channels)
The time for your unit to register is NOW! Registration on CampMaster closes on October 21st!!
On August 1st, there was a lottery drawing from all registered units. The prize - a people-mover "Trolley" ride for unit members to the Big Show Saturday night went to Pack 296 of the Iron Horse District.
- Unit with the highest percentage of members registered by close of online registration - Back-stage passes to meet the band.
- Unit with most people registered at close of online registration - Preferred seating at the Big Show.
- District with the highest percentage participation of units - A campership for a Scout from their district to Summer Camp.
We hope you took the opportunity to visit the CTX2 Online Trading Post and purchased your swag! Not only will this be the Fashion of the Day on November 10th, but will be great looking commemorative wear for years to come! While there are no guarantees that all online items will be available at CTX2 in November, we will have an abundant selection of CTX2 items for your shopping pleasure at two Trading Post locations. Be sure to come check us out!
For those who did pre-order their CTX2 bling, your items will be ready for pick-up with your unit's CTX2 registration information and wristbands on Monday, October 29th, from noon - 7:00 pm, at either the John D. Murchison Scouting Center, or the Bobby Lyle ◆ Billy Gamble Scouting Center, depending on which location has been designated for your unit.
Please note that CTX2 Trading Post orders will be distributed from the council by unit, not individual, so you will need to coordinate with your unit leaders to receive your order at a later date.
If you have any questions or special requests, please send us an email.
NO NEED TO PANIC about CTX registration! We know Packs are having landmark recruiting success, and we want EVERYONE to have the opportunity to attend this great event. We also understand it's a lot of work to get new families "on board," the paperwork done, inform them about events and collect payments. Here's what you need to know in a nutshell:
- YES, you will receive an invoice from the CampMaster system on October 1 based on your participant count in the system.
- PLEASE adjust your headcount numbers and pay -- as soon as you can. We understand not everyone will have a "final" count on October 1. Start with what you have confirmed and pay for that ... as soon as you can.
- Once you pay for an admission, it is not refundable, BUT IT IS TRANSFERRABLE ... so if one person can't come, another person can use that ticket.
- YOU CAN CONTINUE TO PURCHASE admissions using the CampMaster system through 11:59 p.m. on October 21st. As Scouts and their families commit to attending CTX2, you can purchase their tickets and pay for them as the RSVP's come in. You can adjust your count UPWARD as many times as you need to through 10/21.
- If your unit is camping, the paid camping participant count as of October 21 will be used to allocate your space. We do need a bit of time to make the assignments, communicate it to you, and allow you time to communicate with all your families.
- YOU CAN CONTINUE to purchase additional admissions through NOVEMBER 5th at either of the Scouting Center locations. It isn't as convenient as adjusting the numbers and paying online, but it is an option. However, we can't adjust your camping space for admissions purchased 10/22 - 11/5. If more campers decide to come, you'll need to squeeze them in, or move a car or two to overflow parking. But, of course, they can come!
- During the 10/22 - 11/5 timeframe, INDIVIDUAL FAMILIES can purchase admissions at either of the Scouting Center locations.
- If you have any last, last, last minute people who decide they can come on November 8th, you can pay for them when you check-in at your camping HQ tent at the $25 price. This is really only meant for those "onesies and twosomes". We won't be able to adjust your space for these last-minute additions.
- THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO WILL PAY $40 a ticket are those who pay at the gate on November 10th. They are considered "Walk-ins".
- IF CAMPING is overwhelming for your new families, especially for this sort of event, please remember they are welcome to come as DAY-VISITORS! Pre-registered day-visitors pay the same amount as campers: $25/ticket.
- Category: Circle Ten Council News
- Hits: 57
October Is Scout Days ...
October is Scout days at Sea Life Aquarium in Grapevine! All October long!
All month long, Scouts can simply wear their Scout uniform and/or show their Scout ID at admission to receive a special ticket price of $12 (walk-up tickets only) — no minimum group size needed!
Pick up a one-of-a-kind SEA LIFE Grapevine Scout patch, but make sure you complete an attraction activity sheet!